American Medical Center is a state of the art health care facility awarded a Green Hospital Prize in 2011.
It offers a wide range of medical and surgical services and collaborates with highly experienced and competent professionals along with specialized nursing and administrative staff.
Awards and recognition
- In 2007, Forbes included AHI as one of the 10 hospitals worth the trip.
- In 2008, CNN World Report dedicated a short documentary for the innovative radial catheterization procedure that is performed in the Cath Lab.
- In 2011, the European Commission awarded the American Medical Center with the European “GreenBuilding Award Year 2011” for its energy saving levels (reduction in energy consumption: 54.4%, energy savings: 350MWh/year).
- In 2011 the American Medical Center was awarded the “Torsanlorenzo International Prize” 2011 (2nd Prize) for the building’s Landscape Design & Protection.In 2013,
- In 2013 Green Dot Cyprus awarded the American Medical Center/American Heart Institute with the “Green Building Award” * for utilizing to its fullest the use of natural energy resources (reduction in conventional energy resources).
- ISO 9001:2015 by TÜV Rheinland/Germany for patient admission, diagnostic treatment, discharge processes and services offered by the hospital to the joining physicians
- ISO 22000:2005 by QMSCERT for preparation and trade of foods and beverages for the staff, for the visitors and for the patients of the clinic
- ISO 18001:2007 by QMSCERT for provision of medical and nursing activities
The activities, the pioneering state of the art facilities and the internationally renown staff of the American Medical Center, make it a Center of Excellence and contribute substantially in raising the standards of Health Care in Cyprus and the Region. ( www.amc.com.cy )